Starting a franchise business is attractive for many entrepreneurs because the probability of success is higher than starting an independent small business. There are many factors that make a franchise have a better chance of success, which includes the capital requirements and a well-tested business model. Another thing that improves success is that the basic commercial insurance needs that are part of the terms and conditions of the typical franchise contract.
Working With Your Insurance Agent
Part of the analysis of whether a particular franchise business is a good choice when compared to another one is understanding all the actual operating expenses. When you are considering a franchise opportunity, it makes perfect sense to work with your insurance agent at Alliance Insurance Services, serving Arvada, CO and the surrounding area, to get quotes for the commercial insurance requirements.
Commercial Insurance for Franchise Operations
Commercial insurance is a broad category that actually includes many kinds of policies and coverage such as:
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: This protects your employees for on-the-job accidents and injuries.
- General Liability: Every business needs to have coverage for general liability.
- Product Liability: Any business that makes or sells products needs this protection.
- Professional Liability: Professionals that are licensed to operate need to have this kind of protection, which may also be called malpractice insurance in the health care sector or errors & omissions insurance in the financial sector.
- Property & Casualty: If the business rents or owns commercial property and/or equipment, this protection is needed.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance: Any vehicles used for business purposes, even if only occasionally, need to have this protection.
- Business Interruption: This protection helps pay the ongoing bills if the business cannot operate for unexpected reasons.
- Umbrella Insurance: This protection extends the policy limits of other coverage and may cover special risks that are not otherwise covered.
Contact your agent at Alliance Insurance Services in Arvada, CO to make an appointment. Bring copies of any franchise-operator contracts that you are considering, so you can discuss the commercial insurance needs and get a quote.