If you live, work, or own a business in Arvada, Colorado, you probably appreciate the tree-lined streets and access to the interstates. Even though our population exceeds 100,000, we are still able to maintain a bit of a small town feel. You know Arvada has easy access to Denver and all the Mile High City has to offer, but did you know these fun facts?
- The inventor of the turn signal for cars, T. H. Krause was from Arvada.
- Arvada was once known as “The Celery Capital of the World.”
- Ralston Creek was named for Lewis Ralston, who was the first to discover gold in Colorado.
- In 1938 the first train to go through Moffat Tunnel was engineered by Louis Larsen, an Arvadan.
- Arvada’s first motorized fire engine, purchased in 1923, is still used today in parades and for civic events.
If you own a business in Arvada, it is also important you know the difference between Basic Form and Special Form insurance. Basic Form property insurance will specifically state what perils are covered under the policy. Special Form insurance covers all perils to the property unless otherwise stated. Because Special Form coverage is more encompassing, business people seem to prefer it.
Alliance Insurance Services is pleased to provide both commercial and personal insurance products for those in and around the 80002 zip code. As an independent agency, we have the freedom to represent the products of multiple companies. That means more options and oftentimes better savings. See for yourself. Visit our website for a no obligation comparative quote on your auto or homeowners insurance. If you are interested in learning more about our very competitive commercial insurance options, contact us. We are Alliance Insurance Services and we are proud to serve the people of Aravada.