Introducing Evertree Mountain States
Most motorcyclists in the Arvada ,CO area know that riding a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a vehicle. They also know that when accidents do happen, they can be severe. For these reasons, safe motorcycling habits are a priority. The best way to avoid accidents is to pay close attention to these safety tips.
- Always wear a helmet because it can reduce the severity of an accident.
- While not all states require motorcyclists to have a license, it improves safety because often there is a knowledge and skills test to pass.
- Consider getting professional training and a safety course to improve motorcycle handling skills.
- Be aware of your riding skill level to keep from overestimating your skill in managing a tricky situation.
- Wear protective clothing that has bright colors to make you more visible.
- Maintain your motorcycle to make sure the tires, lights, engine, and breaks are in excellent condition.
- Do not share lanes with other vehicles because you can be missed. People in cars don’t expect to share lanes with motorcycles and often make quick lane changes.
- Avoid road hazards such as debris in the road or things that may make the road slick.
- Watch the road, especially when passing to avoid head-on collisions.
- The most dangerous situation is when a car is making a left-hand turn, so this is a situation to be especially cautious of because the driver may not see you unless your headlight is working.
- Avoid lane splitting when vehicles are stopped, and the motorcycle travels between the sitting cars. This can be a recipe for disaster.
Evertree Mountain States
Evertree Mountain States partners with other companies to provide insurance coverage in the Arvada, CO area. Our agents will compare policies and locate the best option for your needs.